I frequently become obsessed with some food and binge-eat it at every opportunity. Brisket, Pico De Gallo, Rib Eyes, and Bluebell Homemade Vanilla ice cream have all had the honor of making my list, and being the focus of these periodic food crazes.
The latest edible object of my obsession has been Street Corn, aka Elotes.
Feast your eyes on that! Whoa, man, my mouth is watering already. Here’s a LINK TO A RECIPE I found on the interwebs … it sounds delicious!
If you don’t feel like doing the work to get a grilled or smoked ear of corn, then you can try this out. It’s not quite as good as properly cooked Street Corn–it’s the 80% solution–but it hits the spot in a pinch and gives you most of the taste.
- Pour a can of corn into a microwave-safe dish. Add 2 TBSP of butter and microwave for 1:30 – 2:00 minutes.
- Remove and spread out on your plate. Mix a teaspoon or two of mayo into your corn. Add more, as desired.
- Sprinkle a layer of grated parmesan cheese on top.
- Sprinkle some chili powder, to taste.
- Add a few drops of lime juice.
Enjoy! Man, I am telling you this is seriously good stuff!
If you want to eliminate steps 4 and 5, you can add both at once by sprinkling some of this awesome stuff on it: Tajin!
Oh, man … and if you are Catholic and can’t eat meat on Fridays right now, this is your new meal ticket. Too good.
Okay. I felt compelled to shout this from the mountain tops. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.